Times today are tough, so whether you’re a student, a stay at home mom, or an employee whose hours got just reduced, the chance to make money would be a blessing. Blessings don’t always have to be God sent; they can also be man made. Effort and initiative goes a long way, so if you want to make extra money from home, here are 5 ways to generate additional income:
1. One effortless way to make money from home is by the sales of items you have around the house. Aside from holding a garage sale, you can also post household items you want to sell on online sites such as EBay. Using an online site promotes your sale to a wider audience than just your neighborhood. Due to the tough economy, you don’t want to just get rid of unnecessary or unused clothes, furniture, books, or household appliances. By auctioning off your items, people who’re looking to spend less will also stand to gain. Check out Cash4Books.net; it pays well for newer hardcover books or textbooks.
2. Online writing is the right direction if you want to earn extra money from home, or even if you want to work full-time as a home based writer. Several sites such as eHow, Bukisa, and Hub Pages welcome well-written articles from contributors. Blogging is also a great way to make money; you can launch your own blog. In order to do so, you would require a good topic, research, and dedication to pull it off.
3. A lot of work can be done online, even if you aren’t a writer. If you’re a teacher, you can earn money tutoring people online at such sites as Tutor and ETutor. You also don’t have to be a teacher per se, just an expert in a certain field.
4. In line with online work, several sites also offer professionals from different industries (from web and software development to customer service) a chance to earn extra income. Check out Craigslist for job postings or register with oDesk to find part-time or full-time work.
5. Make a business from your skills and hobbies. If you like to bake or cook, you can sell these to neighbors, friends, and even your co-workers, thereby making a tidy profit. If you’re good with your hands and like to make crafts like handmade jewelry, decorations, or even personalized t-shirts or mugs, you can post these for sale online in Facebook or take orders in person.
There are many opportunities to make extra money from home, especially if you know where to look for opportunities online. Networking is also a very important skill to utilize; this enables you to market whatever products or skills you may offer to others in order to earn additional income.
One word of caution, especially when working from home: there are many scams that take advantage of the popularity of working from home, so check the companies or sites you are thinking of working for. Nothing ventured is nothing gained, but also be wise about where you put your time and effort.